Thomas & Thomas Announces the DNA TroutSpeySeries
Dateline: Greenfield, MA – November 15, 2015.
USA fly rod maker Thomas & Thomas is pleased to announce the launch of its DNA TroutSpey series for the 2016 season. The new DNA TroutSpey series enables trout anglers to cover the water like never before. These rods are defined by the ability to make long casts with ease and mend line far beyond the capabilities of single-handed rods. Traditional wet flies, large streamers and mouse patterns are all on the menu for the angler that prefers to cast with two hands. With a traditional progressive taper that loads easily yet has the power to reach distant lies, the DNA TroutSpey brings a new dimension to swinging or skating flies for big trout on big water.
Key Features: – Thomas & Thomas two-handed action in a new trout-sized series. – Four piece, multi-modulus graphite blank incorporating our latest proprietary composites and curing process. – Unique ferrule reinforcement technology visible on every section. – Low Friction Finish (LFF) on the Sapphire Blue blank extends casting range. – Fuji Alconite strippers and Universal Snake Brand guides. – Powder coated aluminum rod tube with precision milled cap and collar. – Made one at a time in Greenfield, Massachusetts, USA by craftsmen. The series is comprised of three models, an 11-1/2 foot 3 weight, 11-1/2 foot 4 weight and 11 foot 9 inch 5 weight. All models feature a western Spey grip of select Flor- grade cork, gunmetal gray milled aluminum up-locking reel seat with burled black ash spacer, and green wraps with red trim. The TroutSpey series can be viewed online at www.thomasandthomas.com and is available in fly shops now.
Commenting on the DNA TroutSpey series, Thomas and Thomas CEO Neville Orsmond said, “Incorporating the power of the traditional T&T two-handed action into rods this light was a real challenge, and Tom Dorsey spent a lot of time getting it just right. The results speak for themselves — when people see how effortless it is to make long, accurate casts with these rods, we think they’ll agree.” About Thomas & Thomas: Born in 1969 of an obsession to create the world’s finest fly rods, Thomas & Thomas sets the standard for craftsmanship, performance and aesthetics in rodmaking. From a small shop in rural New England, Thomas & Thomasbuilds timeless classics from bamboo and fiberglass and modern masterpieces incorporating the latest graphite technologies.
- 2 Handed Trout
- Alaska West Blog
- Burkheimer Fly Rod Blog
- Cutthroats Galore
- D-Loop Spey Casting
- Emerald Waters
- Fly Fishing Tails
- Gink and Gasoline Gink and Gasoline is about a vision. It’s about challenging ourselves as fishermen and sharing the experience. We see it as our mission to live the dream and bring it back home to you.
- Ian Gordon
- Mark Shamburg Bamboo
- Michigan Fly Rico Suave and a Drunk Chunk
- New England Spey Clave
- Northeast Fly and Spey Fishing Guide
- Northern Michigan Fly Fishing Blog freelance writer and photographer and guide Alex
- Oregon Steelhead
- Rogue River Salmon Steelhead Board
- Salmon River Spey Blog
- Skagit Master Forum
- Southern Oregon Fly Fishing
- Spey Casting Northeast
- Spey Craft
- Spey Fishing Ohio
- Spey Pages
- Spey Today
- Steelhead Chaser
- Steelhead Manifesto
- Steelhead On The Spey
- The Rasperry Patch
- The River's Course
- Verno's Fly Fishing Blog
- Update from the Fish Creek Atlantic Salmon Club
- 2017 Spey Nation Update Email Went Out Today
- 10th Annual Spey Nation 2017 Official Flyer Released!
- Fish Creek Atlantic Salmon Club Meeting Jan 28.
- Fish Creek Atlantic Salmon Club Meeting is Thursday Jan. 28 @ 7:00 at the Camden Rod & Gun Club.
- Thomas & Thomas Announces the DNA TroutSpeySeries
- SEALICED from Salmon Junkies on Vimeo.
- We like videos with grabby steelhead
- The Mystic M-Series 3113-4 Switch Review
- Sage 3110-4 ONE Trout Spey Rod Review