Spey Nation Film Forum
The top spey fishing videos submitted will be screened at the Tailwater Lodge in Altmar, NY the night before the 2016 Spey Nation event, with the date to be determined in the summer of 2016. We’re looking for videos that capture the essence of Spey Nation and spey fishing videos and not necessarily the best edited or fishing footage.
All submitted films should feature at least 90% of footage fishing with a 2 handed rod, spey or switch rods eligible, or be about swinging flies. Videos that show bobbers, strike indicators, split shot, nymphs or egg patterns will not be considered and the film makers will be verbally mocked.
This film night is for medicinal and entertainment purposes only. There will be no cash awards for films submitted, admission to the viewing will be free, and will kick off the festivities for our ninth Spey Nation Weekend in the summer of 2016.
- All submitted films must be received by April 1st, 2016
- Submissions don’t have to be coded in HD however please know that we are going to be showing this on a screen in a large room so the format should be in high enough resolution to look good on screen. 720p should be sufficient.
- Videos can be submitted either through Dropbox or contact email@example.com for an address to send a hard copy.
- Submissions may have sponsorship logos and credits at the end of the films limited to 20 seconds of rolling footage.
- Submissions may not contain illegal or unethical footage. All fish in the videos must have been caught and released and no footage shall be shown that brings obvious harm to a fish including the flopping of fish around the rocks during landing efforts and collection of photographs…edit that out accordingly.
- All submissions should be submitted with the assumption that Spey Nation will be using this footage in promotional material, on social media, on www.speynation.com , and all other appropriate forms of advertising pre and post show.
- Previously unreleased footage will be granted special consideration.
- All submissions shall include full credits, contact information, and credentials for each film, including duty free music ownership rights.
- Film Makers will receive exposure in promotional materials, on social media, and on www.speynation.com. They will also receive exposure wherever else we feel appropriate.
- No “How to, Instructional, Lodge/Guide/Outfitter Service Promotion” films will be considered unless they are super awesome.
Truth be told, we don’t really care about any of that, our lawyers just told us to say it….
Now get out there and have some fun with this.
- 2 Handed Trout
- Alaska West Blog
- Burkheimer Fly Rod Blog
- Cutthroats Galore
- D-Loop Spey Casting
- Emerald Waters
- Fly Fishing Tails
- Gink and Gasoline Gink and Gasoline is about a vision. It’s about challenging ourselves as fishermen and sharing the experience. We see it as our mission to live the dream and bring it back home to you.
- Ian Gordon
- Mark Shamburg Bamboo
- Michigan Fly Rico Suave and a Drunk Chunk
- New England Spey Clave
- Northeast Fly and Spey Fishing Guide
- Northern Michigan Fly Fishing Blog freelance writer and photographer and guide Alex
- Oregon Steelhead
- Rogue River Salmon Steelhead Board
- Salmon River Spey Blog
- Skagit Master Forum
- Southern Oregon Fly Fishing
- Spey Casting Northeast
- Spey Craft
- Spey Fishing Ohio
- Spey Pages
- Spey Today
- Steelhead Chaser
- Steelhead Manifesto
- Steelhead On The Spey
- The Rasperry Patch
- The River's Course
- Verno's Fly Fishing Blog
- Update from the Fish Creek Atlantic Salmon Club
- 2017 Spey Nation Update Email Went Out Today
- 10th Annual Spey Nation 2017 Official Flyer Released!
- Fish Creek Atlantic Salmon Club Meeting Jan 28.
- Fish Creek Atlantic Salmon Club Meeting is Thursday Jan. 28 @ 7:00 at the Camden Rod & Gun Club.
- Thomas & Thomas Announces the DNA TroutSpeySeries
- SEALICED from Salmon Junkies on Vimeo.
- We like videos with grabby steelhead
- The Mystic M-Series 3113-4 Switch Review
- Sage 3110-4 ONE Trout Spey Rod Review