Spey Nation 2015 kicks off this Saturday Morning at 8:30 am with a great presentation by our good friend and perennial favorite Walt Geryk.
One of the premier two-handed spey casting and fly fishing instructors in North America, Walt specializes in targeting salmon, trout and steelhead in the Northeast and offers basic, intermediate and advanced instructions and schools throughout the Great Lakes, Canada and the East Coast.
Beginning his fly fishing in 1972, Walt has excelled in becoming a leader in marketing traditional fly and spey fishing serving these areas. Promoting ethical angling, continuing to bring awareness about the outdoors’ fragile eco-system and teaching the proper skills on how to become better fishermen are just a few things that will be touched on during your day.
Since 1985, Walt has been a professional guide and instructor who advocates traditional, catch & release, fly fishing for the Salmon River Region of New York, the Deerfield River and others. Those who have spent time with Walt have found that he possess a unique and descriptive way in teaching which allows for easy understanding while furthering the enjoyment of spey casting and fishing.
Being the premier spey casting and fishing instructor, seasoned fishing coach and guide on these waters requires continuous work and dedication. Walt brings to the water each day his in depth knowledge and enthusiasm which enables you to become better fly fishers. These are just a few attributes why Walt is recognized to be one of the best in the sport today.
“Take the opportunity to learn and spey fish with Walt, North America’s Hardy Fly Fishing Ambassador .
You’ll leave the water a better spey caster and enjoy fly fishing with confidence.”
Walt is also the coordinator for Deerfield River Spey Day, the annual charity event to benefit cancer survivors, which he founded in 2009. Throughout the year Walt can be seen swinging a fly most anywhere in North America. During March thru May and again from September thru December, Walt is instructing and offers coached fly fishing trips in the Salmon River Region of upstate New York for salmon, trout and steelhead. From May into late August he is wading the Deerfield and Westfield Rivers of Western Massachusetts for rainbow, brook and brown trout. A June thru July trip to New Brunswick for Atlantic Salmon is where he will be hosting coached fly fishing trips, casting schools, lessons and clinics all on the Fabled Miramichi River Region.
Walt has earned a reputation for teaching spey casting in the northeast. Check out his website: http://www.speydoctor.com/
You can also enter to win a private lesson with Walt on the raffle table on Saturday.
Cack Handed Categories
- 2016 SCSDFSFNMPD
- Environmental Stuff
- Fish Creek Atlantic Salmon Club Minutes
- Fly Tying
- Gear Reviews
- Great Lakes News
- Lessons After the Event
- Like Minded Mofos
- Raffle Prizes
- Salmon River Regulations
- Spey Casting Tips
- Spey Casting Video
- Spey Fishing Equipment
- Spey Fishing Video
- Spey Fly Tying Video
- Spey Nation Presenter
- Spey Nation Supporters
- Trout Spey
- Week In Review
- 2 Handed Trout
- Alaska West Blog
- Burkheimer Fly Rod Blog
- Cutthroats Galore
- D-Loop Spey Casting
- Emerald Waters
- Fly Fishing Tails
- Gink and Gasoline Gink and Gasoline is about a vision. It’s about challenging ourselves as fishermen and sharing the experience. We see it as our mission to live the dream and bring it back home to you.
- Ian Gordon
- Mark Shamburg Bamboo
- Michigan Fly Rico Suave and a Drunk Chunk
- New England Spey Clave
- Northeast Fly and Spey Fishing Guide
- Northern Michigan Fly Fishing Blog freelance writer and photographer and guide Alex
- Oregon Steelhead
- Rogue River Salmon Steelhead Board
- Salmon River Spey Blog
- Skagit Master Forum
- Southern Oregon Fly Fishing
- Spey Casting Northeast
- Spey Craft
- Spey Fishing Ohio
- Spey Pages
- Spey Today
- Steelhead Chaser
- Steelhead Manifesto
- Steelhead On The Spey
- The Rasperry Patch
- The River's Course
- Verno's Fly Fishing Blog
- Beulah Donates A Platinum Spey Rod to Benefit Atlantic Salmon Conservation.
- Update from the Fish Creek Atlantic Salmon Club
- 2017 Spey Nation Update Email Went Out Today
- 10th Annual Spey Nation 2017 Official Flyer Released!
- Fish Creek Atlantic Salmon Club Meeting Jan 28.
- Fish Creek Atlantic Salmon Club Meeting is Thursday Jan. 28 @ 7:00 at the Camden Rod & Gun Club.
- Thomas & Thomas Announces the DNA TroutSpeySeries
- SEALICED from Salmon Junkies on Vimeo.
- We like videos with grabby steelhead
- The Mystic M-Series 3113-4 Switch Review