Raffle Prizes for Spey Nation 2017
Proceeds from our raffle will be donated to the Fish Creek Atlantic Salmon Club, a completely grass routes organization dedicated to re-establishing native fish stocks to Fish Creek in Upstate, NY with the primary focus on restoring runs of native Atlantic Salmon to Fish Creek. You can learn more about their efforts and follow their successes at http://www.fishcreeksalmon.org/.
Please take 5 minutes to watch the fruits of their labor
Trips, Rods, Reels, ect $20 per ticket, $100 get’s you 7 tickets
Lines, Boxes, Doo-dads, $2 per ticket 7 for $10
A warm heartfelt thank you to all our sponsors who help us in too many ways to count!
A Spring Steelhead trip to Spey lodge
Trip dates are TBD must be spring season
days on the water six night’s accommodations, for one angler.
Airfare and travel expenses not included
The lucky angler just has to get to Terrace,BC…everything else will be included.
Courtesy of The Spey Lodge
Spey Lodge is strategically situated on the Banks of the Skeena River, just east of the Skeena/Copper river confluence.
Airfare not included
Deer Creek Series Spey Rod
For a collective 65 years, two Pacific Northwest Spey casters, Mike Kinney and Bob Meiser have perfected this art and have shared their knowledge through guiding, teaching, and perhaps most importantly, by designing a new line of Spey rods, the Deer Creek series of two-handed rods. The Deer Creek Series rods have casting properties that marry perfectly with modern Spey lines. They have a unique progressive-regressive traditional action making them ideal for executing all types of Spey and Skagit casts. These blanks are a beautiful translucent dark amethyst color with fittings and components selected by Mike and Bob. For 2015, the Deer Creek rods were upgraded with a full burl cork grip for added durability and performance.
Set of Salmon River Flies
Platinum Spey Rod Series 13’2″ 7wt. 4 Piece
Comes with sock, tube, lifetime warranty for original owner (see warranty for conditions)
Maybe the “Sweetheart” in the series! Mainly because this rod can be fished confidently anywhere in the lower 48 and abroad for summer or winter Steelhead and will cross-over into Chinook territory. Our Beulah Platinum spey rod 7wt., 13’2” is not an 8 weight in 7 weight clothing, it is an extremely “Crisp” 7 weight that loads easily with a variety of lines and casting styles. The finished rod weighs only 6.8 ounces making it easy to fish long hard days on the water chasing “Steel”. Ridiculously light in hand this rod balances with reels as light as 8 ounces and handles reels nicely to 11 ounces. You won’t have a hard time finding a place for this rod in your two-handed quiver!
Use of rod: Fishing variety of lines for Steelhead, Atlantic Salmon, Chinook and Sea run Browns, Chinook and Silver Salmon.
Action: Slightly regressed Traditional “Spey” action/ fast recovery
- 2 Handed Trout
- Alaska West Blog
- Burkheimer Fly Rod Blog
- Cutthroats Galore
- D-Loop Spey Casting
- Emerald Waters
- Fly Fishing Tails
- Gink and Gasoline Gink and Gasoline is about a vision. It’s about challenging ourselves as fishermen and sharing the experience. We see it as our mission to live the dream and bring it back home to you.
- Ian Gordon
- Mark Shamburg Bamboo
- Michigan Fly Rico Suave and a Drunk Chunk
- New England Spey Clave
- Northeast Fly and Spey Fishing Guide
- Northern Michigan Fly Fishing Blog freelance writer and photographer and guide Alex
- Oregon Steelhead
- Rogue River Salmon Steelhead Board
- Salmon River Spey Blog
- Skagit Master Forum
- Southern Oregon Fly Fishing
- Spey Casting Northeast
- Spey Craft
- Spey Fishing Ohio
- Spey Pages
- Spey Today
- Steelhead Chaser
- Steelhead Manifesto
- Steelhead On The Spey
- The Rasperry Patch
- The River's Course
- Verno's Fly Fishing Blog
- Beulah Donates A Platinum Spey Rod to Benefit Atlantic Salmon Conservation.
- Update from the Fish Creek Atlantic Salmon Club
- 2017 Spey Nation Update Email Went Out Today
- 10th Annual Spey Nation 2017 Official Flyer Released!
- Fish Creek Atlantic Salmon Club Meeting Jan 28.
- Fish Creek Atlantic Salmon Club Meeting is Thursday Jan. 28 @ 7:00 at the Camden Rod & Gun Club.
- Thomas & Thomas Announces the DNA TroutSpeySeries
- SEALICED from Salmon Junkies on Vimeo.
- We like videos with grabby steelhead
- The Mystic M-Series 3113-4 Switch Review