Friday June 23, 2017 / Sunday June 25, 2017
the following Spey Casting Instructors instructors will be giving Spey Casting lessons.
Please contact the instructors directly to secure a spot.
Short to Mid Belly Casting Class With
Sunday 6/25/2017 9am – 3pm (Full)
Saturday 6/24/2017 TBD
6 Person Max- $150/person
Short and Mid-Belly casting is too often perceived by newcomers to the sport as being time-consuming and difficult to learn. At Fly Gal it is our mission
to open the hearts and eyes to aspiring fly-fishers and evolving students of the sport.
From the first-time fly-fisher, to the seasoned angler looking to rid themselves of bad habits (or to advance), all skill levels are welcome.
Every student is different and we are always eager to adapt our lessons accordingly in order to ensure that each new fly-fisher leaves us
confident and eager to hit the river solo.
FGV Co-Ed Learn to Skagit Cast Workshops are designed to introduce and teach the pure fundamentals ofdouble hand fly-casting.
This course teaches the mechanics of why and how Skagit casting operates, allowing students to develop their own style and work towards
the common goal of being able to cast efficiently and with distance, regardless of what side of the river they are on.
Students are encouraged to bring their own equipment so as to become familiar with their set-up
Friday and Sunday Available: Private lessons for $100 per hour,
group lessons for $100/person for 4 hours (max 4 people).
Lee Davison’s passion for fly fishing and all things related to the sport. Lee is a Federation of Flyfishers (FFF) Master and Two Hand Casting Instructor, President of the FFF Western Rocky Mountain Council , a member of The Snake River Cutthroats (local TU & FFF chapter) and a licensed Idaho Fishing Guide with over 28 years of experience on the North and South Forks of the Snake River. Lee holds a degree in Business Management from the University of Texas and has extensive experience as a Project Manager for the Idaho National Laboratory and several large U.S. engineering/construction firms.
Lee combines both a calming patience and an infectious enthusiasm for introducing fly fishing. He teaches casting techniques that build confidence and skill in his angling students.
He’s been hooked on fishing ever since his Dad and Grandpa first took him, at age 5, on a quest for blue gills in an old wooden row boat on an Illinois strip mine lake. Lee has fished the waters from Alaska to the Gulf of Mexico, but home water for him is the beautiful Snake River and its blue ribbon trout fishing.
- 2 Handed Trout
- Alaska West Blog
- Burkheimer Fly Rod Blog
- Cutthroats Galore
- D-Loop Spey Casting
- Emerald Waters
- Fly Fishing Tails
- Gink and Gasoline Gink and Gasoline is about a vision. It’s about challenging ourselves as fishermen and sharing the experience. We see it as our mission to live the dream and bring it back home to you.
- Ian Gordon
- Mark Shamburg Bamboo
- Michigan Fly Rico Suave and a Drunk Chunk
- New England Spey Clave
- Northeast Fly and Spey Fishing Guide
- Northern Michigan Fly Fishing Blog freelance writer and photographer and guide Alex
- Oregon Steelhead
- Rogue River Salmon Steelhead Board
- Salmon River Spey Blog
- Skagit Master Forum
- Southern Oregon Fly Fishing
- Spey Casting Northeast
- Spey Craft
- Spey Fishing Ohio
- Spey Pages
- Spey Today
- Steelhead Chaser
- Steelhead Manifesto
- Steelhead On The Spey
- The Rasperry Patch
- The River's Course
- Verno's Fly Fishing Blog
- Update from the Fish Creek Atlantic Salmon Club
- 2017 Spey Nation Update Email Went Out Today
- 10th Annual Spey Nation 2017 Official Flyer Released!
- Fish Creek Atlantic Salmon Club Meeting Jan 28.
- Fish Creek Atlantic Salmon Club Meeting is Thursday Jan. 28 @ 7:00 at the Camden Rod & Gun Club.
- Thomas & Thomas Announces the DNA TroutSpeySeries
- SEALICED from Salmon Junkies on Vimeo.
- We like videos with grabby steelhead
- The Mystic M-Series 3113-4 Switch Review
- Sage 3110-4 ONE Trout Spey Rod Review